Sunday, May 28, 2017

Book Review- Scythe of Darkness by Dawn Husted!

Scythe of Darkness
Dawn Husted
3.5 out of 5 stars


Scythe of Darkness is a romance/dark fantasy story by Dawn Husted. It is one of the most well-written romance novels I have read so far and will be released on June 13th of this year.


The official summary (these are not my own words, just so y'all know):


"For Mia Hieskety, surviving high school meant focusing on exams and attending the occasional party. After breaking up with her boyfriend, who she didn't even like, dating was off the agenda. That is, until Thanatos came along. Mia finds herself lured by the mysterious new student with two-toned eyes. Determined to find out who Thanatos is, what he is, and why he seems so interested in her, she accompanies him to his home where a sinister world awaits. Discovering the truth, a supernatural connection intertwined with her past, Mia's life is at risk- and she doesn't know who to trust."


OMG I will not lie to you, this was some of the first true romance fiction I've ever read (shame on me) and I was not disappointed. The story was very gripping. Unfortunately, there is a significant amount of foul language and several kissing scenes. I cannot condone those parts, but I loved the story and could barely stand to put it down. I highly suggest it for older teenagers, as some content is a bit bloody and, well, it's romance- let's just leave it at that.


Please note: I reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of Scythe of Darkness for Ms. Husted, look for the story starting on June 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey y'all! I love it when people comment, so please do it! All comments will be moderated immediately, so please keep it clean, people. I will try to reply, unless I have no idea what you're talking about, in which case I may just send emojis.

I'm Back!!!

HOLY MOLY MACARONI AND CHEESE, I'm so sorry for being gone so long. With school and stuff, it was really hard to post anything. Hopefull...